Balancing vehicles

Post and discuss your VESC projects here.
lizardmech

Balancing vehicles

Postby lizardmech » 29 Nov 2016, 05:57

I'm getting a freelancer to write an IMU driver for the VESC so I can try to use it on balancing vehicles. I have very little programming experience so I don't know how to do it completely myself. The only limitation is hes not overly familiar with the VESC yet so if anyone wants to use or help it would be good. Even just suggestions on how to implement it would save a lot of time. I was thinking of reusing the ADC app in the short term as current center mode should be close to what is needed. What I don't know how to explain is how to get the IMU data to be processed and then replace the ADC variable on chibiOS.

The code so far is here:
https://github.com/votuananhs/bldc/tree ... ns/MPU6050

In theory if I can work out a way to send the IMU data anyone can easily write balancing apps without having to do the tedious driver related development.

Garfield

Re: Balancing vehicles

Postby Garfield » 13 Dec 2016, 10:36

I updated my readme with some informations about the software concept and ideas behind the code. Perhaps it could help you in the concept phase.
You can find it here:
https://github.com/RunningPenguin/TeensyWay

lizardmech

Postby lizardmech » 13 Dec 2016, 15:32

The OS and driver level stuff is complete now, we haven't tested it yet but in theory it should be possible to read IMU data directly in the VESC software.

GvB

Postby GvB » 15 Sep 2017, 20:48

Hi Lizardmech, did you get further on this? I am interested because I am looking to build a position controlled balance oxboard type of thing. VESC seems to be the wonderfull thing I could use. Right now going diagonally through every info on VESC that can be helpfull. Weirdly on the complete of internet there seems to be no one that wants a remote or autonomous controlled hoverboard.
I am sure VESC is a good and versatile controller but not so sure I will be able to program and make good use out of it.
What are your results/findings?

Return to “VESC Projects”