- hw.JPG (25.86 KiB) Viewed 4225 times
Now we have a bigger project but this FOC ESC only works with its motor and it is not configurable.
So i am thinking in VESC.
- Do someone use VESC on multicopters?
I am thinking to use about 40 inches propellers and i have calculated about 2500W per motor at hover and about 6000W of peak power.
I am doing some calculations for 3 diferent configurations, 12S (44.4V), 14S (51,8V) and 20S (74V)
I have calculated the drivers dissipation, very basic calculation W=I * R (Rds) and it seems every configuration dissipates exactly the same:
- drivers.JPG (29.97 KiB) Viewed 4225 times
- Can i change original driver for a 100V mosfet and use with 20S?
I am thinking to buy 4 VESC 4.12 version and do some tests.
- Is it good idea? it seems the secret of a good ESC is the speed with which the esc apply the changes of the control signal to the motor.
My fear is that although the FOC control is much faster than the BLDC, however the VESC is not designed for this application and there are delays or filters in the input signal that slow down the control.