RESC: Automotive quality high voltage fork from the VESC

Discuss hardware related to the VESC such as the NRF nunchuk.
ragonamuffin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Moving around pins on the STM32 and upgrading to f7 over f4

Postby ragonamuffin » 06 Jul 2017, 16:01

ragonamuffin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ragonamuffin » 06 Jul 2017, 17:50

No DRV, gate drivers! The whole objective of this project is to make a high voltage/amperage controller. Upgrading the processor would just be icing on the cake.

I think I am done! Anyone see anything wrong?

top.PNG
top.PNG (187.9 KiB) Viewed 2893 times

CPU.PNG
CPU.PNG (313.77 KiB) Viewed 2893 times

Gate Driver.PNG
Gate Driver.PNG (46.18 KiB) Viewed 2893 times

ragonamuffin

Postby ragonamuffin » 06 Jul 2017, 17:51

Gate Driver.PNG
Gate Driver.PNG (46.18 KiB) Viewed 2893 times

CAN.PNG
CAN.PNG (67.69 KiB) Viewed 2893 times

Amp.PNG
Amp.PNG (22.71 KiB) Viewed 2893 times

ragonamuffin

Postby ragonamuffin » 06 Jul 2017, 17:52

Temp.PNG
Temp.PNG (5.87 KiB) Viewed 2893 times

Halls.PNG
Halls.PNG (55.77 KiB) Viewed 2893 times

Prevas_erra

Postby Prevas_erra » 08 Jul 2017, 09:36

ragonamuffin

Postby ragonamuffin » 08 Jul 2017, 15:40

Simply stating I did not fix all the problems is more than enough for me! :D I will re-read all the posts more thoroughly. Thank you for reviewing older issues!

There were some things that went way over my head in this thread...... I think I should stick with the same exact F4 based processor and make a high voltage/amperage controller. That is all I really need.

I am self taught and have only been doing PCB design for a year. Thank you for your patience and help! This is my second ever STM32 project, my first was with an F7 nucleo and mbed a few months ago. I had a blast!!!!! Love the drag and drop interface. Arduino is nothing like Keil, so I was pretty lost when I opened up the demo version of uVision.

R1,R5,R6 on top sheet were changed to 60k right after I uploaded the sketch, sorry about that.

I will get on all these changes and post again soon.

Thanks Eric!

ragonamuffin

Postby ragonamuffin » 08 Jul 2017, 16:02

rew

Postby rew » 10 Jul 2017, 07:20

Just connect it up. The software can always ignore the third reading.

VESC6 software will be able to use it.

ragonamuffin

Postby ragonamuffin » 14 Jul 2017, 18:28

Awesome! Looking forward to the new software!

I just noticed that I was powering the new CAN transceiver I picked out with 5V.

Just a minor update I went back to the 64 pin F4. I'm going to keep this as simple as possible to start.

ragonamuffin

Postby ragonamuffin » 22 Jul 2017, 12:50

I decided that having power management on-board will be easier in the long run if I can fit it so I have been taking care of that the last few days.

All components up to this point are Q100 with the exception of the 12v to 5v DC-DC: MTC1S1205MC-R7.

My three questions are:

1. can I use a non-isolated DC-DC instead of the CPU GND to High voltage GND shown on the top sheet of the VESC? Technically this is connecting the ground in one place.
2. Where can I find Q100 DC-DC converters? As you can see I chose an isolated medical DC-DC (MTC1S1205MC-R7) as I would assume medical is a higher reliability standard than Q100, but then again it may not be great for vibration is my guess. I would really prefer the all in one DC-DC converter solution to save much time vs a voltage regulator with tons of ICs that I will need to pick out. If this is a bad idea feel free to tell me. I am trying to make this PCB as reliable as possible.
3. I was using webench, is that my best option? I was scared away by the "CUSTOM" inductor coil on a power supply that output 12v, 5v at a max voltage of 100V and a min of 50. I have no idea where to get one, or do I need to make one? That coil may have only be required for the isolated regulation solution. I cannot remember, this was about a week ago.

I have been avoiding doing the power supply... time to tackle it.

Return to “Related Hardware”