ADC_EXT 5v tolerant?

Discuss hardware related to the VESC such as the NRF nunchuk.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
iPeel
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

ADC_EXT 5v tolerant?

Postby iPeel » 29 Sep 2016, 17:39

Hi,

I'm looking to use a thumb hall sensor to control the throttle on a scooter with the ADC app. I currently use an Arduino as an ADC to PPM converter but want to rationalise things. The hall sensor I use takes a 5v input and outputs somewhere in the order of 0.4v to 4.4v.

If I were to use the ADC app rather than PPM, is the ADC_EXT pin (which I assume has the throttle input) 5v tolerant?

Also I understand that the brake control is a button which switches the "throttle" to a "braking force" sensor, is that correct? If so which pin is that controlled via and do I need a pull up or pull down resistor when the button is not engaged?

Thanks,

Neil.

iPeel

Re: ADC_EXT 5v tolerant?

Postby iPeel » 30 Sep 2016, 06:24

Ah, OK. Thanks for the confirmation, twice.

I'll probably use a voltage divider rather than supplying the sensor with 3v3 as that will give me the full range of voltage.

Cheers,

Neil.

Return to “Related Hardware”