Arduino nRF24 example

Discuss hardware related to the VESC such as the NRF nunchuk.
futuredesign

Arduino nRF24 example

Postby futuredesign » 03 Sep 2017, 08:52

Hi!

I'm trying to interface with my Vesc 4.12 using the NRF app. It's awesome that benjamin implemented the communication protocol for the NRF chip as well as UART and USB.

I have connected a nRF24l01 to my Arduino pro mini and are now trying to receive the keep alive packets from the VESC - however i'm not receiving anything. I tested the Arduino up against another Arduino with nRF chip, so I have confirmed that wireless com is working. I have checked the connection between VESC and nRF chip with a scope and it "seams" like the VECS is pounding the Nrf chip with data. So I'm assuming that the keep alive packets are sent.

I'm guessing that my problem is the pipe addresses as the VESC uses only 3 bytes for addressing, however it's very difficult for me to debug as the nRF chip does not have a sniffing mode where it lets all packets in regardless of adresses.

So my question... Does someone here have working Arduino code that used the NRF implementation of the command protocol? Not Arduino -> NRF -> NRF -> Arduino -> UART or the Nunchuck emulation...

Thank you in advance!

/Jan Thogersen

futuredesign

Re: Arduino nRF24 example

Postby futuredesign » 03 Sep 2017, 10:23

Sorry! I'm an idiot!
Apparently it makes a huge difference wether or not there is a typo in the channel. 76 != 79.

I now get keep alive packets.

/Jan

Return to “Related Hardware”