Motor start immediately function

Are there any features that you would like to add to the VESC?
jetigm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Motor start immediately function

Postby jetigm » 15 Dec 2016, 15:41

Hi,
I am playing with the VESC and I have a question about it functional modification. I want to use it in specific configuration, basically I need to start the motor immediately after the power on.
Can VESC be configured to start up the motor immediately after power on and stop after 2 seconds and all, so to start motor again - reconnect the power. And be able to configure parameters via BLDC Tool (I need current mode)?
The global question - is it hard to modify the firmware, or better don't touch it at all? I am asking about overall complexity as junior-mid level programmer.
May such feature be added in future in the config tool? It can be like a checkbox "Power on status - start immediately".

rew
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Motor start immediately function

Postby rew » 15 Dec 2016, 23:28

jetigm

Postby jetigm » 16 Dec 2016, 13:56

Got it, will try, thanks.

pf26

Postby pf26 » 17 Dec 2016, 10:19

To be able to change the ON time, the easiest way is to reuse a BLDC-tools application parameter that you don't need for your system. For instance BAUD rate in UART setting of App configuration Menu.. (in the structure called "app_configuration" in datatypes.h, it is called "app_uart_baudrate").
Then in the function app_init (in app.c), you can call your own init function and send it the conf.app_uart_baudrate (Uint32) parameter, so as to set your local delay variable (instead of a fixed 2000 ms).

jetigm

Postby jetigm » 17 Dec 2016, 17:49

Finally I am able to build the source code in the EmBitz but not sure about versions. I got the 4.12 PCB so I should use this one?
https://github.com/vedderb/bldc

pf26 - thanks for direction.

pf26

Postby pf26 » 17 Dec 2016, 18:38

Yes, this is the one you need: it will show Firmware version 2.18

jetigm

Postby jetigm » 10 Jan 2017, 19:06

arvidb

Postby arvidb » 10 Jan 2017, 19:50

Calling mc_interface_release_motor() is equivalent to calling mc_interface_set_current(0). So if that call is the last thing you do before the for loop, then naturally the motor won't move. Edit: But of course the motor should start once, for 500 ms, in your "motor even don't starts" example. But you might need to call timeout_reset() once before your first call to mc_interface_set_current(). This might also reduce your startup time by 2.5 seconds. :)

If timeout_reset() is not called at least once every second, the motor is braked. Look in timeout.c. (At least it looks like that's how it's supposed to work in the code.)

arvidb

Postby arvidb » 10 Jan 2017, 20:01

rew

Postby rew » 10 Jan 2017, 20:03

Return to “Feature Requests”