Search found 943 matches

by rew
23 Aug 2018, 08:48
Forum: General
Topic: Battery Current Connecting 2 VESCs by CAN ??
Replies: 1
Views: 460

Re: Battery Current Connecting 2 VESCs by CAN ??

I really would recommend setting both VESCs to consume max half of your (max) battery current.

What they really won't do is that when one is running at 60% limit the other to 40%.
by rew
23 Aug 2018, 08:43
Forum: General
Topic: Flashing VESC with Segger J-Link
Replies: 1
Views: 439

Re: Flashing VESC with Segger J-Link

I use texane's "st-util" program. It includes "stflash" that will flash a binary. Otherwise st-util and gdb can be used to upload a program.
by rew
23 Aug 2018, 08:42
Forum: General
Topic: How to completely disable braking for PPM BLDC Mode.
Replies: 1
Views: 464

Re: How to completely disable braking for PPM BLDC Mode.

Just set battery max charging current to -0.
by rew
17 Jul 2018, 10:47
Forum: General
Topic: Setting a speed (RPM) using UART
Replies: 5
Views: 1300

Re: Setting a speed (RPM) using UART

The PID values used to control the motor RPM need to change depending on a bunch of factors. So the ones by default in the VESC_TOOL are not that good. You need to tune the PID parameters for the RPM feedback.
by rew
28 Jun 2018, 10:38
Forum: General
Topic: Compilation Error
Replies: 2
Views: 251

Re: Compilation Error

ytnoS wrote:with an STM32f0 board, all as specified.
Well, the VESC firmware was written for an STM32F4, so it's never going to work with an F0.
Do you really have an F0?
by rew
25 Jun 2018, 08:30
Forum: Custom Applications
Topic: Simple high/low signal from VESC to operate a solid state relay
Replies: 5
Views: 395

Re: Simple high/low signal from VESC to operate a solid state relay

The VESC doesn't have any negative supplies, so any voltages below zero are out of the question. The specs you list may be from a TRIAC like device. Those are used inside solid state relays, but are for AC only. You would want to use something like a mosfet for DC. Now signals from the VESc are goin...
by rew
10 Jun 2018, 12:07
Forum: General
Topic: Brushed Brakes
Replies: 2
Views: 330

Re: Brushed Brakes

Yes, regenerative braking should work, also in brushed mode.


As to pairing: That has something to do with YOUR reciever and YOUR transmitter. After that, you connect your PWM out from the receiver to the PWM in of the VESC. Then you can configure the PWM input app.
by rew
30 May 2018, 07:18
Forum: Feature Requests
Topic: Sleep mode
Replies: 10
Views: 4358

Re: Sleep mode

My bike controller wakes up (i.e. complete with 5V backlit LCD) without a battery connected when I move the bike from the stand.... It is vesc based, but indeed it has what you call "buck en" hardwired active. So, to enable such a feature, you'd need a pin from the CPU through a diode to b...
by rew
30 May 2018, 07:09
Forum: Hardware Problems
Topic: Low Voltage on 3.3V and 5V Pin
Replies: 8
Views: 788

Re: Low Voltage on 3.3V and 5V Pin

A wise man once said: If DRV gnd is unsoldered, the 5V will be higher than normal. But there are a few other things that could cause the 5V line to be much higher than expected. You have all the components and are building your VESC yourself AND you're having power supply issues, please do NOT solde...
by rew
30 May 2018, 07:01
Forum: FOC
Topic: AC induction motor
Replies: 10
Views: 1967

Re: AC induction motor

In vesc_tool, on the terminal tab you can type foc_openloop <somecurrent> <someRPM>. So when you have your bog-standard 1440RPM 460W asynchronous motor, you could try feeding your VESC with 30V and typing: foc_openloop 2 300 . The 460W specification means that the max current for this motor is 2A (@...

Go to advanced search